It is a wIt is a well-known fact that it has been emphasized many times how beneficial breastmilk is for the baby. However, only breastfeeding in the first 6 months is a low rate of 1.3%. Breast milk, which can contain all the nutrients necessary for the baby. Is the most important nutritional source that should be given in the first six months. Especially the yellow milk that comes first after birth. Has a protective vaccine effect against diseases due to the antibodies it contains. But breastfeeding properly is just as important as breast milk! Many problems can be avoided by correcting the mistakes made.
Breastfeeding should be started as soon as possible after birth. Since the milk may not come immediately in the first breastfeeding. Breastfeeding should be continued without getting tired of giving the baby any other food. Because oxytocin and prolactin hormones secreted during breastfeeding ensure the discharge and reproduction of milk in the breast. The first yellow milk should be given to the baby without wasting a drop.
Nipple cleaning is very important before breastfeeding. For mothers who have the habit of taking a shower frequently. It will be sufficient to wipe the nipples with a clean cloth or cotton with boiled water before breastfeeding. Cleaning the nipple with carbonated water. Soapy water or various creams causes nipple cracks and makes it difficult for the baby to hold the breast. The best breast care is done with breast milk. The mother should wash her hands before each breastfeeding and prevent the transmission of various microbes to the baby.
What Is The Right Position For Breastfeeding?
First of all, the mother should take a comfortable position for herself and sit in a comfortable chair where she can lean on her back. While breastfeeding, the baby’s body and face should be turned to the breast. The baby’s back should be supported with a pillow. While breastfeeding the baby. The nipple should go into the baby’s mouth with the dark area around it, and it should be noted that the nose is not closed. Giving only the nipple to the baby will cause nipple cracks and injuries.
Read Also: BEWARE OF MASSLESS BREAST CANCER!
Things to Consider in the Breastfeeding Process:
- It takes 10-15 minutes for one breast to be completely emptied, and the appropriate breastfeeding time is equivalent to emptying at least one breast.
- In the first 2 months, the baby should be breastfed whenever he wants. Then this period should be increased to 2-3 hours.
- The breastfeeding environment should not be too noisy or too hot or cold.
- Covering the baby too much and putting the baby on gloves adversely affect the breastfeeding process.
- Babies may not want to let go of the breast after breastfeeding is finished. In this case, the mother should insert her little finger into the baby’s mouth and slowly remove the breast from the baby’s mouth. It should never be forced.
- After breastfeeding is over, of course, the most important thing is to burp the baby. The mother should hold the baby upright on her shoulder and rub her back until she is sure that the baby has gas.
How to Tell if Breast Milk Alone Is Sufficient?
It is understood that the baby is adequately fed by wetting the diaper with his urine at least five times a day. Regaining his birth weight on the 15th day at the latest, and gaining at least 500-600 g per month. When babies are born. They lose weight because they throw away the accumulated water in their bodies. This situation should not be interpreted as insufficient breast milk.
Factors such as the number of defecations, the baby’s restlessness, and sleep disorders are not signs of insufficient breast milk. These disorders can have many causes. The fact that the diaper is always dry and the stool is in the form of small hard pieces can be an indicator of hunger. The most important criterion is the baby’s weight assessment.
Benefits of Breastfeeding for the Mother:
- With breastfeeding immediately after delivery, bleeding stops quickly, breast swelling and inflammation do not occur, and postpartum depression is quickly overcome.
- The uterus returns to normal in a shorter time.
- With the hormones secreted from the mother by sucking. The mother rests and becomes peaceful.
- Breastfeeding mothers have a lower incidence of breast and uterine cancer.
- It reduces the risk of bone fractures after menopause.
As a result
It is a fact accepted by everyone that breast milk is the most important source of nutrition for your baby. We should try to optimize the mental and physical development of the baby by feeding the baby more healthily. With many considerations during the breastfeeding process. In addition to breast milk. Your doctor should evaluate the baby and decide if the formula is needed, and unconscious formula support should be avoided.
Despite every difficulty and impossibility, you should not forget that the most important bridge of love between mother and baby is breastfeeding, and you should breastfeed your baby patiently and happily.
YOU’LL ALSO LIKE: