The best way to lose and maintain weight is to start with a low-calorie diet. In addition, exercise every day to burn calories and keep your heart in good shape. If you want to lose weight in a short amount of time, here are some ways to help you achieve your goals.
1. Find an alternative to your favorite high-calorie food.
Many delicious foods are low in fat, sugar, and calories. If you eat healthy foods instead of high-calorie processed foods and drinks, you will lose weight faster.
- It is also good to eat a vegetarian diet a couple of days every week. rather than meat, try eating nutritious foods like beans, tofu, and lentils. it’ll be a way lower-calorie and even healthier diet.
- For dessert, eat fresh fruit instead of processed foods like cakes and cookies.
- Eat healthy snacks that are low in fat and calories rather than potato chips or candies. Eat grapes and string cheese together, spread peanut butter on crackers, and eat thinly sliced peppers and put them in hummus (chick bean pesto).
- Use vinegar or lemon juice instead of commercially available salad dressings.
- When cooking, try adding a tablespoon of olive oil instead of butter. Although the calories are similar, olive oil is a much healthier type of fat.
2. Do not go to the corner with high-calorie foods in the supermarket.
Do not go to the corner with high-calorie foods in the supermarket. Even if you go to the supermarket, it is best to just wander around the corner where the fresh food is located, but if you have to stop at other corners, you should avoid places with your favorite foods such as sweets and soda. If you don’t see it, your desire to buy decreases.
You can’t stop eating your favorite foods, but don’t stock up on them too much at home. The more you see it, the more you will want to eat it. Avoid eating unhealthy and high-calorie foods only when you need to refresh yourself occasionally.
3. Avoid drinks that contain a lot of sugar
- Drinks with a lot of sugar are often high-calorie, so it is a threat to diet. The best way is to cut it off altogether. Replace soda, sugary tea, coffee, or juice with water or unsweetened tea, coffee, or carbonated water.
- .Drinking water or sugar-free tea instead of soda, coffee, alcohol, juice, or milk can cut hundreds of calories a day.
4. Eat plenty of foods that make you feel full.
In general, foods high in protein, fat, and fiber can help you feel full more quickly and for longer. It is also good to eat foods that help suppress appetite and maintain blood sugar. Foods that make you feel full for a long time are:
- Low-carb (non-starchy) vegetables
- nuts and seeds
- legumes or legumes
- oatmeal (oats)
- green vegetables
5. Calculate the total calories you can consume while on a diet.
First, you need to find out how many calories you need to survive, your basal metabolic rate (BMR). Then, on the Internet, find a calorie calculator that tells you how many calories you burn for each exercise, and start working out to cut 1000 calories per kilogram for a week.
WARNING: Consume at least 1,200 calories per day unless your doctor tells you to. Eating less than 1,200 calories per day is dangerous to your health.
Read Also: The benefits of walking
6. Keep a food diary
Keep a record of everything you eat every day, including meals, snacks, and drinks. Keeping a food journal is very helpful for weight loss because it makes you aware of what and how much you eat every day.
- It is good to record directly in the diary, or it is good to use a diet app. Just like a calorie counter, you can simply enter the food name and use an app that provides nutritional information for each food, making it much easier to record.
- Don’t forget to record any additions to your food or drink, such as salad dressings, Java chips, or whipped cream.
7. Eat a regular meal every 2-4 hours.
Simply skipping meals is not a good idea, and it can actually interfere with your diet. If you don’t eat for too long, your energy source will be lost, making it easier to get tired and less active. In addition, the body has to generate energy in a hurry, which naturally causes high blood sugar and high-calorie food to pull. So, don’t starve yourself and eat nutritious food often.
If you eat or snack regularly, your blood sugar will remain stable and you will not feel hungry.
8. Create a diet with lean protein and low-carb vegetables.
Eat half of your meal with low-carb vegetables, 1/4 with lean protein, and 1/4 with whole grains or high-carb vegetables. You can also add healthy fats, such as olive oil, avocado, or fatty fish. Snack on fruits, nuts, seeds, or chopped vegetables.
If you find it difficult to formulate a diet like this, it is a good idea to ask a nutritionist for help to discuss your calorie goal, your diet, and what needs to be improved. He will come up with a diet plan that works well for you.
9. Eat less to cut calories.
In the same vein, even a healthy diet does not mean you can eat as much as you want. To objectively measure the amount you eat, weigh the food or make a special spoon to take out the food.
Also, if you eat the same amount of food in a small bowl or plate, you may feel like you are eating more than you actually do, so it is good to use this method.
If you put a certain amount of food in a container or ziplock bag and prepare it in advance, it’s much easier to gauge how much you’re eating.
10. Know which foods are pulling you when and when, and plan accordingly.
Everyone has a special time when food pulls them, so you don’t have to feel too guilty about the desire itself. Think carefully about which foods attract particular attention in which situations, at what times, and in what moods. And try not to fall for my temptations by figuring out how to avoid this situation as much as possible.
There will be special situations, such as craving popcorn when you go to the cinema, or pulling candy in the middle of work. To overcome this temptation, you need to replace those foods with a diet that suits your diet. For example, buy healthy, low-calorie popcorn before going to the cinema, and eat a piece of dark chocolate instead of candy when you’re craving candy at work.
Tip: You don’t have to completely cut out your favorite foods. But, at least count calories and eat them intentionally.
YOU’LL ALSO LIKE: