How to weight fast: 3 simple, science-based steps
There are several ways to lose weight fast enough.
Either way, most will make you feel unsatisfied and hungry.
If you don’t have iron willpower, then hunger will cause you to give up these plans quickly.
The plan that we offer you here will be for:
- reduce your appetite significantly
- make you lose weight quickly, without starving, and
- improve your metabolic health at the same time.
Here we show you a simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast.
The most important part in reducing the consumption of sugars and starches (carbohydrates).
When you do that, you will lower your hunger level and end up consuming much fewer calories.
Now, instead of burning carbohydrates for energy, your body will start to feed off stored fat.
Another benefit of cutting carbs is that it lowers insulin levels, which causes the kidneys to remove excess sodium and water from your body. This reduces bloating and unnecessary water weight.
It is not uncommon to lose up to 10 pounds (4.54 kg), sometimes more in the first week, you eat this way, both in body fat and water weight.
This is a graph from a study comparing low-carb and low-fat diets in obese or overweight women.
The low-carb group eats their fill, while the low-fat group has restricted calories and hunger.
Cut back on carbohydrates and you will automatically start eating fewer calories and not starving.
Simply put, cutting carbs automatically causes your body to start losing fat.
SUMMARY: Eliminating sugars and starches (carbohydrates) from your diet will reduce your appetite, lower your insulin levels, and cause you to lose weight without starving.
Each of your meals should include a protein source, a fat source, and low-carbohydrate vegetables.
Organizing your meals this way will automatically bring your carbohydrate intake into the recommended range of 20 to 50 grams per day.
- Meat: Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, etc.
- Fish and seafood: Salmon, trout, shrimp, etc.
- Eggs: Whole eggs with the yolk are the most recommended.
It is important to eat plenty of protein, however you should not overdo it.
This has been shown to increase metabolism by 80 to 100 calories per day.
High-protein diets can also reduce cravings and obsessive thoughts about food by 60%, reduce the desire for midnight snacks, and make you feel so full that you automatically eat 441 fewer calories each day – alone adding protein to your diet.
When it comes to losing weight, protein is the king of nutrients. Point.
Low carb vegetables
- Brussels sprouts
Don’t be afraid to load up your plate with these low-carb veggies. You can eat large amounts without having to consume more than 20 to 50 net carbs per day.
A diet based primarily on meat and vegetables contains all the fiber, vitamins, and minerals you need to be healthy.
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
Eat 2 to 3 meals a day. If you’re hungry in the afternoon, add a fourth meal.
Don’t be afraid to eat fat, trying to do both, consuming foods low in carbohydrates and low in fat at the same time is a method that leads to failure. This will make you miserable and abandon the plan.
SUMMARY: Provide each meal with a source of protein, a source of fat, and low-carbohydrate vegetables. This will put you in the 20-50 gram carbohydrate range and significantly lower your hunger levels.
You do not need to exercise to lose weight on this plan, but it is recommended.
The best option is to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Warm-up and lift some weights.
If you are new to the gym, ask a coach for advice.
By lifting weights, you will burn a lot of calories and prevent your metabolism from slowing down, which is a very common side effect of losing weight.
Studies on low-carb diets show that you can even gain some muscle mass while losing significant amounts of body fat.
If lifting weights is not an option for you, then cardiovascular exercises such as walking, jogging, running, cycling, or swimming will suffice.
SUMMARY: It is best to do some type of resistance training such as lifting weights. If that’s not an option for you, cardio workouts are effective too.
You can take one day off a week where you can eat more carbohydrates. Many people prefer Saturday.
It is important to stick to healthy carbohydrate sources such as oatmeal, rice, quinoa, potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruits, etc.
But only on this day can you eat more carbohydrates – if you start doing it more than once a week, you won’t see much success with this plan.
If you need to flip a meal and eat something unhealthy, do it on this day.
Keep in mind that cheating on meals or carbohydrate loads is NOT necessary, but can help boost some fat-burning hormones like leptin and thyroid hormones.
You will gain some weight during the loading day, but most of it will be water weight and you will lose it again in the next 1 to 2 days.
SUMMARY: Having one day a week where you eat more carbohydrates is perfectly acceptable, although it is not necessary.
You DO NOT need to count calories as long as you keep carbohydrates very low and stick to low-carb proteins, fats, and vegetables.
There are many great tools you can use to keep track of how many calories you are eating.
The main goal of this plan is to keep your carbohydrates below 20 to 50 grams per day and get the rest of your calories from protein and fat.
SUMMARY: In this plan, you do not need to count calories to lose weight. It is very important to strictly keep your carbohydrates in the 20 to 50 gram range.
Here are 10 more tips to lose weight even faster:
- Eat a high protein breakfast. Eating a high-protein breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juices. These are the most fattening things, and avoiding them can help you lose weight.
- Drink water half an hour before meals. One study showed that drinking water half an hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% for 3 months.
- Choose healthy foods that help you lose weight. Certain foods are very helpful for losing fat.
- Eat soluble fiber. Studies show that soluble fibers can reduce fat, especially in the abdominal area. Fiber supplements like glucomannan can also help.
- Have coffee or tea. If you are passionate about coffee or tea, you can have as much as you like, as caffeine can increase your metabolism by 3-11%.
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, will make you feel more satiated, and are much less likely to cause overeating.
- Eat your food slowly. Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel fuller and increases your weight loss hormones.
- Check your weight daily. Studies show that people who weigh themselves daily are more likely to lose weight and keep it off for a long time.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Poor sleep is one of the most important risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important.
SUMMARY: It is very important to stick to all three rules, but there are a few other things you can do to speed things up.
You can expect to lose 5 to 10 pounds (2.27 to 4.54 kg), sometimes more, during the first week and then steadily lose weight.
For the first few days, it may feel a little weird. Your body has been burning carbohydrates for all these years, so it may take a little time to get used to burning fat.
This is called the “low carb flu” or “keto flu” and it usually ends within a few days. It takes me three. Adding a little extra salt to your diet can help.
After the first few days, most people report feeling great, with even more energy than before.
Despite many decades of fat hysteria, the low-carb diet also improves your health in several ways:
- Blood sugar tends to drop on low-carb diets.
- Triglycerides tend to go down.
- Small, dense LDL (the bad) cholesterol goes down.
- HDL (the good) cholesterol goes up.
- Blood pressure improves significantly.
- To top it all, low-carb diets seem to be just as easy to follow as low-fat diets.
SUMMARY: You can expect to lose a lot of weight, but how fast will basically depend on the person. Low-carb diets improve your health in many other ways, too.
YOU’LL ALSO LIKE: