The top 10 of this blog is about foods from different groups that are “famous” because they contain certain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in greater amounts than others.
- Acidic lemon: the juice of 1 lemon contains more than 100% of the daily recommendation for vitamin C.
- Broccoli: 1 medium broccoli contains more than 100% of the vitamin K requirement and almost 200% of the daily vitamin C recommendation.
- Dark chocolate: 1 ounce daily lowers blood pressure and its flavonoid content lowers LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
- Potato and Sweet Potato: 1 medium potato contains 66mcg of folates (cell growth-rebuilding) and 1 medium sweet potato contains 8 times the daily recommendation of vitamin A.
- Salmon: of the best sources of omega 3, in addition, 3 ounces contain 50% of the daily recommendation of niacin (vitamin B1).
- Walnuts: one of the best sources of omega 3.
- Avocado: whole contains 50% of the recommended fiber per day and 40% of the daily recommendation for folates.
- Garlic: its compounds make it anti-inflammatory, it also helps lower blood pressure and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
- Spinach: its antioxidant and iron content is fabulous; its benefits are obtained when it is consumed raw and without combining with dairy derivatives.
- Beans: high in antioxidants, which helps reduce the risk of heart disease by 22%.
YOU’LL ALSO LIKE: